- This event has passed.
Analysing Patient-Level Data using Hospital Episode Statistics (HES)
July 8 - July 10£900
This course includes instruction on how to:
- understand, manage and manipulate the data
- construct and analyse key variables such as waiting times or length of stay
- analyse individual patient records defined as Finished Consultant Episodes, Provider Spells and Continuous Inpatient Spells
- monitor emergency readmissions
- aggregate data by Healthcare Resource Group or providers/commissioners
- cost data by HRG and reference costs
- evaluate Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMS)
- use the data for benchmarking and policy evaluation
The tutors have worked extensively with HES data and will guide participants through the potential pitfalls using case studies, practical examples and problem-solving exercises.