- This event has passed.
First Aphec (AdvancedPharmaco&HealthEconomics) workshop
September 13, 2019 - September 14, 2019
The 1st Aphec (AdvancedPharmaco&HealthEconomics – www.aphec.unige.it) workshop has been organized by the Centre for Health Economics Aphec and will be held at the Department of Economics, University of Genoa,
September 13-14, 2019.
The deadline to submit a paper is May 31st, 2019.
The aim of the workshop is to provide solutions to make innovations equitable and sustainable with special reference to a new drug and medical devices. The topics that we propose to explore are:
- drug access (especially innovative drugs) and cost of innovation;
- equity in access to innovative drugs and medical devices;
- regulation and governance;
- pricing strategies for new drugs and medical devices;
- assessment of innovative policy instruments for new drugs and medical devices using population data.
The workshop will run over two days and comprise around twelve papers. There are no parallel sessions and forty minutes (30 min presentation, 7 min discussion and 3 min floor discussion) will be dedicated to each paper, with presentations by the author and a nominated discussant. The number of participants is limited to around 25 people. Participants are expected to attend the entire meeting and take an active part as either author, discussant or chairperson.
A special issue of Health Economics will publish the best papers presented at the workshop.