- This event has passed.
Infectious Disease Modelling and Health Economic Evaluation of Vaccines
September 2, 2019 - September 6, 2019
Who should attend?
People who have an interest in quantitative research, and
who want to learn about infectious disease modelling and
health economic evaluation e.g., health economists,
(bio)statisticians and mathematicians who want to expand
their toolbox, as well as health science professionals and
policy advisors who want to have a deeper understanding
of cost-effectiveness analysis when it is applied to
- DAY 1 Introduction to mathematical models for infectious diseases (using R)
- DAY 2 Inferring model parameters from data (using R)
- DAY 3 Meta-population and individual-based models (using R)
- DAY 4 Introduction to health economic evaluation and dealing with uncertainty (using R and MS Excel)
- DAY 5 Economic evaluation of vaccination programmes, specific issues (using R and MS Excel)
Participants can attend all days or select DAYS 1-3 or 4-5.
Prof. Philippe Beutels, Prof. Niel Hens, Prof. Joke Bilcke,
Dr. Pietro Coletti & Dr. Lander Willem
All instructors are researchers of the SIMID group, i.e.
members of the Centre for Health Economics Research
& Modelling Infectious Diseases (CHERMID), Vaccine &
Infectious Disease Institute at the University of Antwerp
and/or of the Center for Statistics, Interuniversity Institute of
Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics at Hasselt
University and K.U.Leuven.